real estate development Consulting
Fee Development, Owner Representation, & development management:
We provide development and new construction expertise as fee developer, owner representative, or development manager. Principal experience is listed under the "Development" tab.
Tecela has a unique expertise in transit-oriented development, due to its principal's experience as both a real estate developer and a board member of the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, commonly known as Tri-Rail. While Tecela may not work on any projects related to SFRTA, we can add value to any other transit-oriented development through our ability to navigate the intersections of private and public sectors, design and finance, capital and operating budgets, buildings and mobility.
Zoning Due Diligence:
Research zoning and local government approvals. Principal experience prior to Tecela includes:
- Island Gardens mixed-use development in downtown Miami, including two 500-room hotels, 22,000 SF of retail, and mega-yacht marina.
Local Government Approval:
Manage local government approval of zoning and site plans, including City Commission and Planning & Zoning, Design Review and Historic Preservation Boards. Principal experience prior to Tecela includes:
- Zoning for Miami WorldCenter development of nine blocks of downtown Miami.
- Saxony (now Faena House) resort on the ocean in Miami Beach, including 170-room historic hotel and 70-unit new condo tower (Patrinely).
- Monte Carlo 150-unit luxury rental tower on the ocean in Miami Beach (EuroAmerican).
- Luxury rental community in Aventura, FL (Gables Residential).
- Shopping center including department store anchor in the Midtown area of Miami (DDR).
- Publix 65,000 SF in Miami Beach (Stiles).
- Fresh Market 30,000 SF in Miami Beach.
- 16,000 SF of with 490 parking spaces in Miami Beach (PLC).
- Eden Roc resort on the ocean in Miami Beach, including 200-room historic tower, 280-room new tower, and two ballrooms (Key International).
- 453-room hotel on the ocean in Miami Beach (Blackstone).
- New World Symphony in Miami Beach, including concert hall, practice rooms, and offices.
- 27,000 SF private art museum in Design District area of Miami (de la Cruz).
- Living Room Theater cinema in Design District area of Miami.
Create, obtain funding, and teach courses about urban design and development. Principal experience includes:
- FIU Department of Architecture course about small adaptable buildings.
- University of Miami School of Architecture course about local government approval procedures.
Create, obtain funding, and manage initiatives that promote urban design best practices. Principal experience includes: